Recipe by Health & Nutrition Coach Ali Fiorella
Total Time: 35 min
This is soooo grounding and delicious! I can’t believe I have never made this before… it’s so easy to make, but also feels really satisfying! I know it’s almost summer and curry may not feel like something that you want right now… but hear me out! I focus on gut health- and what you may not realize is that cold and raw foods are harder for our bodies to digest and can often cause discomfort if you struggle with a sensitive GI tract. So if you tend to reach for all the salads and smoothies as the weather starts to heat up, try to create a bit more balance by making sure to get in some warm, cooked foods as well. This dish is also loaded with gut friendly spices and herbs! Among many other health benefits, spices & herbs aid digestion, and soothe & strengthen the gut lining. So if you’re looking for something good for meal prep, a warming dish, or a meal to support your gut health- this is a fantastic meal!
2 tbsp avocado oil
1 onion chopped
2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp grated ginger
2 tbsp A Spice Affair’s Curry Madras (Wellness Flavor Booster Kit)
1 tsp A Spice Affair’s Smoked Paprika
1 cup red lentils
10 oz cauliflower florets
3 cups vegetable broth
1 cup canned chopped tomatoes
1 cup coconut milk
Sprinkle of A Spice Affair’s Red Chili Pepper Fakes
2 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
½ cup unsweetened plant based yogurt
- In a large pot heat oil over medium and add onions, saute a few minutes until softened.
- Add garlic & ginger stir and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add in spices and saute for a few seconds to unfold flavors.
- Add cauliflower and mix.
- Add in lentils, veggie broth, and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer covered for 10 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Add in coconut milk and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve in bowls topped with cilantro and yogurt on its own or with some rice! ENJOY!
This is hearty, but still feels light and healthy!
Vegan, Gluten-free, Dairy-free
Share your culinary creations on social media and tag us!
IG: @ASpiceAffair @AliFiorella | FB: @ASpiceAffairOfficial | #MySpiceAffair