Servings: 8 slices
- ½ cup vegan butter, room temperature
- 1 cup cane sugar
- ½ tsp. Apple Pie Spices by A Spice Affair
- 6 large apples (Granny Smith, Braeburn, Pink Lady)
- 255g (9 oz) vegan puff pastry (store-bought is fine)
- Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 357ºF /190ºC.
- Melt the butter in an ovenproof pan over medium heat. Add the sugar and A Spice Affair Apple Pie spices and stir until the mixture is fluid.
- Peel, core and quarter the apples (4-8 depending on size).
- Place them in the pan over the caramelized mixture.
- Cook apples for 10-15 minutes, until soft.
- Unroll the puff pastry and cover the apples with the pastry and press the edges together.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Flip the pastry onto a plate in one quick gesture, the apples should be on top.
- Serve slightly warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.