- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup bourbon (or use water or apple cider)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 ¾ cups pumpkin purée, homemade
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 ¾ cups light brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan Pink Salt
- 2 teaspoons A Spice Affair’s Pumpkin Spice
- Preheat your oven to 350 F/180 C and place the rack in the middle. Butter the inside of two 8-inch loaf pans.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 1/2 cup of butter.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for 5 to 7 minutes until browned. Be careful to watch the cooking so the butter doesn't burn.
- In a measuring cup, combine the bourbon and vanilla. Add water until you reach 2/3 of a cup. In a large bowl, whisk together the bourbon mixture, pumpkin puree, eggs and oil. Using a spatula, scrape the brown butter from the pan and place it in the pumpkin mixture and stir.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, brown sugar, baking soda, salt and Pumpkin Spice. Pour in the first liquid mixture and mix well.
- Divide the batter between the two greased loaf pans. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes. When done, let the bread cool completely before removing from the pan.