Inspired by a recipe by Melissa Clark from Cooking NY Times
Time: 1 hour 15
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup bourbon (or use water or apple cider)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 ¾ cups pumpkin purée, homemade
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 ¾ cups light brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan Pink Salt
- 2 teaspoons A Spice Affair’s Pumpkin Spice
- Preheat your oven to 350 F/180 C and place the rack in the middle. Butter the inside of two 8-inch loaf pans.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 1/2 cup of butter.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for 5 to 7 minutes until browned. Be careful to watch the cooking so the butter doesn't burn.
- In a measuring cup, combine the bourbon and vanilla. Add water until you reach 2/3 of a cup. In a large bowl, whisk together the bourbon mixture, pumpkin puree, eggs and oil. Using a spatula, scrape the brown butter from the pan and place it in the pumpkin mixture and stir.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, brown sugar, baking soda, salt and Pumpkin Spice. Pour in the first liquid mixture and mix well.
- Divide the batter between the two greased loaf pans. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes. When done, let the bread cool completely before removing from the pan.
Share your culinary creations on social media and tag us!
IG: @ASpiceAffair | FB: @ASpiceAffairOfficial | #MySpiceAffair