Servings: 12 muffins
- ½ cup/114 grams unsalted butter
- 1 cup/145 grams all-purpose flour
- 1 cup/140 grams whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ¼ teaspoons Himalayan Pink Salt
- 4 teaspoons A Spice Affair Pumpkin Spice
- 1 ½ cups/355 grams of pumpkin puree, homemade
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup/200 grams of brown sugar
- ⅔ cup/150 millilitres maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 F/180 C. Butter the muffin tins.
- In a small saucepan, heat the butter over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Stir and scrape occasionally, until the butter begins to brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the two flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, A Spice Affair Pumpkin Spice.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, eggs, brown sugar and maple syrup until well blended. Whisk in dry ingredients, then browned butter.
- Divide between the buttered muffin tins and bake for 20-25 minutes until the tops are puffed.
- Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds before serving.
PRO TIP: they are good when you press them down and they spring back slightly.