Time: 40 min + 15 min prep
For the Bowl
1 cup quinoa, cooked
2 handfuls of baby spinach
1 avocado, sliced
¼ cup unsalted pistachios, crushed
Microgreens for garnish
For the Dressing
2 cups fresh mint leaves (or 2 tbsp A Spice Affair’s Dried Mint)
2 cloves of garlic
2 tbsp A Spice Affair’s Harissa Seasoning
2/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt (optional)
Lemon slices for garnish
For the Carrots and Eggplants
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees and line baking sheet.
- Combine Harissa Seasoning, honey, olive oil and set aside.
- Cut eggplants in half and score diagonally, creating a diamond pattern. Flip upside down on prepared baking tray. Add carrots and brush with 1 tbsp oil. Roast for approximately 35-40 minutes or until both are tender. Eggplant may take longer, so keep an eye on the vegetables and take out carrots and roast eggplant another 15-20 minutes longer if needed.
- Remove from oven, let cool slightly and drizzle Harissa mixture over vegetables.
For the Bowl
- Place dressing ingredients in food processor and pulse until well combined. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add quinoa, baby spinach and sliced avocado. Add the carrots and eggplants and sprinkle pistachios over bowl. Drizzle the Harissa Mint dressing over bowl. Top with microgreens and serve with extra lemon slices.
Share your culinary creations on social media and tag us!
IG: @ASpiceAffair | FB: @ASpiceAffairOfficial | #MySpiceAffair