Prep time: 10 minutes (rest time: 30 minutes) Cook time: 35 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
For the Chicken Marinade
28 oz (800 g) chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
½ cup plain yogurt
1.5 tbsp A Spice Affair’s Butter Chicken Seasoning
For the Sauce
2+1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp butter
1 onion, chopped
1.5 tbsp garlic, minced (or 1/2 tbsp Garlic Powder)
1 tbsp ginger, finely grated (or 1/4 tbsp Ginger Ground)
2.5 tbsp A Spice Affair’s Butter Chicken Seasoning
14 oz crushed tomatoes
1 cup heavy cream
1 tbsp sugar or maple syrup
Homemade or store-bought fries
1 package cheese curds
Cilantro, for garnish
- In a bowl, combine chicken with marinade ingredients and let marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add chicken and fry until browned (3 minutes each side). Set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp oil and fry onions until softened (5 minutes).
- Add garlic and ginger and sauté for 1 minute. Add butter chicken seasoning.
- Add crushed tomatoes and let simmer for 10-15 minutes. Stir occasionally until sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat, scoop mixture into blender and blend until smooth. Add water to help blend if needed.
- Pour the puréed sauce back into the pan. Stir the cream and sugar into sauce. Add chicken then butter into pan and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes until chicken has cooked through.
- Plate fries and top with cheese curds and butter chicken. Garnish with cilantro.