Time: 15 min + 2 hours for sauce
For the Chimichurri
Large bunch of parsley, finely chopped
1 tbsp A Spice Affair's Tuscan Herbs
3 garlic cloves, peeled & crushed
1/2 tsp A Spice Affair's Red Chili Flakes
35ml red wine vinegar
10ml rapeseed oil
1kg piece of bavette steak
20ml rapeseed oil
4 Portobello mushrooms, sliced
12 cherry tomatoes, whole
Freshly ground Himalayan Pink Salt & Black Pepper
Watercress, to serve
1. Mix together the Chimichurri ingredients. Season with freshly ground salt and pepper to taste and let it infuse for 2 hours.
2. When the chimichurri is ready, heat a griddle pan on high heat. Brush the steak with remaining oil on each side. Once the pan is really hot, add the steak carefully and fry for 4 min on each side.
3. Set the steak aside and wrap in tin foil.
4. In the same griddle pan, cook the mushrooms and cherry tomatoes for 2 min.
5. Cut the steak into thin slices. Drizzle with chimichurri sauce and serve with mushrooms, tomatoes and watercress.
Share your culinary creations on social media and tag us!
IG: @ASpiceAffair | FB: @ASpiceAffairOfficial | #MySpiceAffair