An adaptation of Suzanne Husseini’s Recipe
Time: 30 minutes
For the Cauliflower Steaks
- 1 Cauliflower head, leaves and stalk discarded
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp A Spice Affair's Turmeric
For the Sauce
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp water (or Greek yoghurt for non-vegans)
- Pink Himalayan Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- A Spice Affair’s Sumac
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- Fresh parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Cut the cauliflower head into about 1-inch steaks, one head will give you 4 pieces
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil with Turmeric
- Transfer cauliflower steaks onto a large baking tray. Drizzle with Turmeric olive oil and let roast for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully flip to the other side and continue to roast. Pierce the steaks in the middle, with the help of a knife to ensure that it is well cooked
- Whisk together the tahini sauce ingredients until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning as per your preference. You may add water or Greek yoghurt to lighten up the sauce.
- Serve cauliflower steaks in a plate. Drizzle tahini sauce and garnish with A Spice Affair’s Sumac, pomegranate seeds and fresh parsley. Enjoy!
Share your culinary creations on social media and tag us!
IG: @ASpiceAffair | FB: @ASpiceAffairOfficial | #MySpiceAffair