Inspired by a recipe from 5 Ingredients 15 minutes blog
For the Cajun Sauce
- 3/4 cup plain yoghurt (180 ml)
- 2 tbsp olive oil (30 ml)
- 1 tbsp Cajun Seasoning by A Spice Affair (15 ml)
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced (15 ml)
- ½ tbsp Cilantro Leaves by A Spice Affair (12 ml)
- Pink Himalayan Salt and Black Pepper Ground, to taste
- 1 tbsp lemon zest (15 ml)
For the Chicken Skewers
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 170g per piece), cut into 1-inch cubes (approximately 2.5 cm)
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- In a bowl, mix the yoghurt with the spices, olive oil, chopped garlic and, if desired, lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper. Set half of the mixture aside in the fridge.
- Place chicken cubes in second half. Toss to coat chicken. Assemble the brochettes by alternating the chicken cubes with the lemon slices folded in half.
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high. Place the skewers on the hot, oiled grill and close the lid. Cook for about 12 minutes, turning them twice during cooking, until the inside of the meat has lost its pink colour. Serve with the reserved Cajun Sauce.