Billy Eff from Urbania and Ayman Saifi came together around a convivial dish steeped in history: a family recipe full of flavors and a few secrets revealed. The founder of A Spice Affair and 4th generation spice expert, confides in his origins and puts on his apron to share with you his La Famille du Lait yogurt-based dish: the Jordanian Kafta Tahini.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF
- Mix the Kafta ingredients in a bowl with the help of your hands, ensuring the seasoning is evenly spread. Once thoroughly combined, spread the Kafta in a baking tray about 1.5 cm thick; pressing it flat with the help of your hands.
- Bake the Kafta for 20 min
- Meanwhile, mix tahini sauce ingredients together until homogenous
- Add the sauce over the Kafta in the baking tray. Carefully mix the tahini sauce with the grease from the beef until well combined
- Place the baking tray back in the oven and cook for 5-10 more minutes, or until the sauce starts to lightly create bubbles (do not overcook).
- Remove from oven and let cool down for a couple of minutes so the sauce thickens
- Garnish with A Spice Affair's Sumac and Parsley Flakes. Serve with pita bread and enjoy!
Credit: La Famille du Lait & Urbania ♡
Share your culinary creations on social media and tag us!
IG: @ASpiceAffair | FB: @ASpiceAffairOfficial | #MySpiceAffair