An adaptation of Bethany Kramer’s Recipe from A Simple Palate
Servings: 6 tortillas
Time: 30 mins (+5 min cooling)
- 6 flour tortillas
- 2 green bell peppers, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium-sized yellow or red onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp A Spice Affair Fajita Seasoning
- 2 ripe mashed avocados
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp A Spice Affair's Guacamole Dip Mix
½ small red onion + 1 tomato, both diced (optional)
Garlic Black Beans
1 can black beans, rinsed & drained
½ tsp A Spice Affair Fajita Seasoning
½ tsp A Spice Affair's Garlic Powder
Himalayan Pink Salt, to taste
NOTE: May replace the Fajita and Garlic with 1 tsp Taco Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Roast peppers & onions: arrange sliced peppers and onions on sheet pan, drizzle with oil and sprinkle with fajita seasoning. Toss until veggies are evenly coated, then spread out on the pan and bake for 20 minutes – flip halfway through.
- Cook black beans: in a saucepan, simmer black beans on LOW with salt, Fajita Seasoning and garlic powder for 8-10 minutes. Black beans should thicken, and liquid should slightly reduce.
- Guacamole: Simply mash the avocado and mix with Guacamole Dip Mix and lime. Add freshly chopped tomatoes and red onion. Set aside.
- Warm up tortillas: wrap tortillas in a foil packet and pop in oven for 5 minutes, or microwave tortillas on glass plate for 15 seconds. If you have a grill, you can also grill the tortillas for 10-15 seconds on each side.
Assemble: When peppers & onions are finished, assemble fajitas: roasted peppers & onions, black beans, guacamole, and extra lime juice! Serve with fresh cilantro leaves if desired.
Serve on the side: These fajitas go great with a side of rice or quinoa! We also love serving them with chips, salsa, or cheesy queso.