Time: 2 ½ hours (+ 4 hours cooling)
For the crust
- Butter for the pan
- 2 cups finely crushed Graham cracker crumbs (235 g)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar (50 g)
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted (115 g)
- Pinch of Himalayan Pink Salt
For the filling
- 3 packages full-fat cream cheese (not whipped), at room temperature (8-ounce/225-gram)
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar (250 g)
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp A Spice Affair's Pumpkin Spices or Apple Pie Spices
- ½ tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 cup pumpkin purée, homemade (240 g)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs plus 1 large egg yolk, at room temperature
For the topping (optional)
- 1 cup heavy cream, cold (240 ml)
- 2 tbsp confectioners’ sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon Ground A Spice Affair
For the dough
Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Butter the 9-inch springform pan.
Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, melted butter and a pinch of salt in a large bowl. Stir until all crumbs are moistened.
Add this mixture to the springform pan and use the bottom of a measuring cup to press it into an even layer and up the sides of the pan about 1 inch. Bake for 10 minutes, until crust is set. Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack.
Reduce oven temperature to 300F/150C.
For the filling
In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese and sugar. Beat for 1 min on low speed until smooth.
In a small bowl, combine the flour, Apple Pie Spice and salt. Still on low speed, add this mixture, the pumpkin puree and the vanilla to the filling. Mix for 1 minute until smooth. Increase mixer speed to medium-low. Add the eggs and egg yolk and mix lightly.
Butter the sides of the springform pan again. Pour the filling into the pan and smooth the top.
Bake for 1 hour on the middle rack at 300F/150C.
Turn off the oven and keep the oven door closed. Leave the cheesecake in the hot oven with the door closed for 1 hour.
Remove the cheesecake from the oven and gently run a spatula or butter knife along the edge of the pan to loosen it. Let the cheesecake sit at room temperature on a wire rack until it is no longer warm, about 1 hour. Transfer the cake to the refrigerator for about 4 hours.
For topping/serving (optional)
In a large bowl, combine double cream, confectioners' sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon and whip with an electric mixer. Serve on each slice of cheesecake.