Time: 10 min
- 4 tbsp pumpkin purée, or more to taste
- 1/2 cup espresso (or strong brewed coffee)
- 2-3 tbsp maple sugar or syrup, as per desired sweetness
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp A Spice Affair Pumpkin Spices, plus more for serving
- 2 cups milk (2% dairy or oat milk)
- Whipped cream, for serving (optional)
- Prepare espresso or strong brewed coffee.
- In a saucepan, mix the pumpkin purée, maple sweetener, vanilla, and Pumpkin Spices over medium heat. Keep stirring until the mixture comes to a simmer. Add in the espresso, mix well and pour into 2 mugs.
- Heat milk separately, let simmer and then froth.
- Pour the milk slowly while stirring it into the pumpkin espresso mixture. Add whipped cream if desired and sprinkle with A Spice Affair's Pumpkin Spices.
- Cut the pumpkin in half and scoop out the seeds. Place pumpkins on baking sheet facing down and bake for 50 min or until it’s soft, and you can easily poke through with a knife.
- Scoop out the soft flesh, place in food processor and pulse until reduced into a purée.