Prep Time: 5 min, Cook Time: 20 min
Total Time: 25 min
For the Fried Halloumi
450g Halloumi cheese, cut into large cubes
drizzle olive oil
1 tsp A Spice Affair’s Butter Chicken Seasoning
For the Indian Butter Sauce
½ cup butter (¼ cup for onions + ¼ cup to add to sauce at the end)
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tomatoes, diced
2 tbsp tomato paste
5 tbsp A Spice Affair’s Butter Chicken Seasoning
⅓ cup water
1 cup cooking cream + more for garnish
1 tbsp maple syrup (or sugar)
Salt and Pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, melt ¼ cup butter over medium heat, add in onions and cook for 8-10 minutes or until soft and caramelized.
- Add in garlic, diced tomatoes, tomato paste and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add 5 tablespoons Butter Chicken Seasoning, ⅓ cup water, cooking cream and maple syrup; mix well and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Preheat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Once hot, add in halloumi cubes, sprinkle 1 teaspoon Butter Chicken Seasoning, and toss to evenly coat. Let fry for about 5 minutes, gently turning the halloumi until golden on all sides.
- Transfer butter chicken sauce to a blender and pulse until smooth. Pour sauce back into the pot. Add in fried halloumi cubes and ¼ cup butter to melt. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle with cream, garnish with fresh coriander and serve with basmati rice or naan bread.
Share your culinary creations on social media and tag us!
IG: @ASpiceAffair | FB: @ASpiceAffairOfficial | #MySpiceAffair