Prep Time: 15 min, Cook Time: 35-40 min
For the Casserole
1/2 Loaf Brioche
125 ml heavy cream (or milk)
2 tbsp raw brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp A Spice Affair’s Apple Pie Seasoning
For the Topping
2 Gala Apples
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp A Spice Affair's Apple Pie Seasoning
1/3 cup + 2 tbsp water
1 tsp corn starch
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 7.5” x 6” pan.
- Combine all streusel ingredients except butter. Mix until well combined. Dice the butter and add to this mixture. Using a pastry cutter or fork, cut the butter into the mixture until it becomes pea sized and crumbly. Place in fridge until ready to use.
- In a small bowl, combine heavy cream, 2 tbsp sugar, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 tsp apple pie seasoning and eggs. Mix well.
- Dice the loaf and place into the greased pan. Pour the cream mixture over top of diced bread evenly. Sprinkle the streusel topping then bake for 35-40 minutes or until crispy and the centre is no longer wet.
- While the casserole is cooking, heat a skillet on medium high heat. Peel and dice the apples and squeeze lemon over the apple. Stir well.
- Add butter to skillet. Once melted, toss apple into skillet and continue to heat until softened (8-10 minutes). Stir in 2 tbsp sugar. Mix corn starch with 2 tbsp water to make slurry. Add 1/3 cup water to the apple mixture. Once bubbling, add in the corn starch slurry. Once liquid thickens, remove from heat and add in 1 tsp apple pie filling. Stir until well combined.
- Once casserole is done, top with apple topping and serve with maple syrup and a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
Share your culinary creations on social media and tag us!
IG: @ASpiceAffair | FB: @ASpiceAffairOfficial | #MySpiceAffair