Time: 30 min (+ 1 hour marinade)
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8-12 wooden skewers
- A Spice Affair Seasoning of your choice (select one):
- 4 cups vegetables of your choice (baby potatoes, onions, mushrooms, peppers, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, eggplant, other)
Notes from the Skewer Chef:
- Boil the baby potatoes and/or cauliflower partially and let them cool before marinating.
- Vegetables that are cut too thin tend to fall off the skewers during cooking, so keep them thick. Keep mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and baby potatoes whole and unpeeled.
- In a large bowl, mix olive oil and seasoning of your choice for the marinade.
- Wash and cut the vegetables into evenly sized pieces so that they cook evenly.
- Toss all the vegetables with the marinade and set aside for at least an hour, stirring several times to coat. While the vegetables are marinating, soak wooden skewers in water so they don't burn on the grill.
- When you are ready to grill, thread and alternate the vegetables on the skewers.
- Grill them over medium heat at 350°F to 450°F for 10 minutes until they are softened and lightly toasted.