Prep Time: 10 min, Cook Time: 30 min
Total Time: 40 min
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp A Spice Affair’s Ras El Hanout Moroccan Spices
Pink Himalayan Salt, to taste
1 chicken, cut in 8 to 10 pieces
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 medium onions, thinly sliced
1 A Spice Affair’s Cinnamon Stick
1 cup Moroccan green olives, pitted and halved
1 large lemon, thinly sliced
1 cup chicken stock
Juice of ½ lemon
1 tbsp fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- In a large container, mix garlic, A Spice Affair’s Ras EL Hanout spices and salt together. Rub chicken with mixture. Cover and let marinate in the fridge for 2 hours or overnight.
- In a large pan, heat oil over medium-low heat. Once hot, add the chicken and cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned. Set chicken aside on a plate.
- In the same skillet, cook the onions for about 10-15 minutes or until translucent.
- Add cinnamon stick and scatter chicken, olives and lemon slices over the onions.
- Pour the chicken stock and lemon juice over the chicken.
- Preheat oven to 325℉. Transfer skillet to oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with couscous and garnish with fresh lemon and parsley.
Share your culinary creations on social media and tag us!
IG: @ASpiceAffair | FB: @ASpiceAffairOfficial | #MySpiceAffair