An adaptation of Yumna’s Recipe from Feel Good Foodie
Time: 25 min + overnight marination
- 1kg (2 lb) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tsp A Spice Affair’s Chicken Shawarma Seasoning
- 2 tsp A Spice Affair’s Pink Himalayan Salt
- ½ tsp A Spice Affair’s Sweet Paprika
- 2 tbsp ketchup or tomato paste
- In a large bowl, combine all marinade ingredients together. Add the chicken strips and toss well to coat. Let marinate in the fridge for 1 hour or overnight.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, cook the chicken for 6-8 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Make sure the chicken is well scattered; avoid overcrowding the pan.
- Serve with rice or in pita bread, with tomatoes, lettuce, pickled turnips, garlic sauce or hummus and Potato Seasoned roasted potatoes.