Total Time: 45 min
2 cans (14 oz) chickpeas, cooked or canned
3 tbsp avocado or grapseed oil
1 yellow onion, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1-inch piece of ginger, grated
2 tomatoes, finely chopped
1.5 tbsp A Spice Affair's Chana Masala
Fresh cilantro, chopped (for garnish)
Lemon wedges (for serving)
1. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and sauté for about 7 minutes until it turns golden brown.
2. Add minced garlic and grated ginger to the pan. Sauté for another 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
3. Add the finely chopped tomatoes and cook until they soften and release their juices.
4. Stir in the A Spice Affair's Chana Masala Seasoning. Cook for a couple of minutes to allow the spices to blend and develop flavours.
5. Add the cooked or canned chickpeas to the pan. Mix well to coat the chickpeas with the spice mixture. If using canned chickpeas, rinse them thoroughly before adding.
6. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan, and let the flavours simmer for about 25 minutes, allowing the chickpeas to absorb the spices.
7. Taste and adjust the seasoning according to your preference.
8. Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve hot with rice, naan, or toast. Squeeze some fresh lemon juice over the dish for added zest.
Enjoy the aromatic and flavourful Chana Masala!