For the Zesty Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup Mayo
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
- 1/2-1 tbsp A Spice Affair's Zesty Fish Rub, to taste
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
For the Calamari and Shrimp
- 450g Calamari Rings, frozen or if fresh, cleaned
- 10-12 Black Tiger Shrimp, shells removed and cleaned
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp salt, divided
- 3-4 tsp A Spice Affair's Zesty Fish Rub
- Vegetable Oil for Frying
- Sweet Chili Sauce for dipping (optional)
- Parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Combine ingredients for the Zesty Dipping Sauce and set aside. Note: start with 1/4 lemon juice and work your way towards the 1/2 lemon based on your taste.
- Place Calamari and Shrimp in bowl with buttermilk. Cover and place in fridge for 30 minutes.
- When ready to fry, heat 3-4 inches of oil in large pot to 375F.
- In a bowl, combine flour, 1 tsp salt and Zesty Fish Seasoning.
- Dredge each piece of calamari/shrimp in flour batter until well coated.
- Place 6-8 pieces of squid in hot oil and cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Shrimp can be cooked in a bunch together for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove squid/shrimp from oil and drain on paper towel. Repeat until all have been cooked.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 tsp salt over shrimp and calamari (optional), add parsley if using and serve immediately. Bon appétit!