Prep Time: 15 min, Cook Time: 30 min + Marinade Time
Total Time: 45 min
For the Chicken Marinade
900 g boneless chicken breasts, cubed
1 tbsp A Spice Affair’s Butter Chicken Seasoning
1 tbsp lime juice
1 cup greek yogurt
For the Butter Chicken Sauce
3/4 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup butter
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tomatoes, diced
5 tbsp A Spice Affair’s Butter Chicken Seasoning
1/3 cup water
1 cup cooking cream
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 tbsp maple syrup (or sugar)
Salt, to taste
For Garnish (optional)
A few cilantro leaves
- In a bowl, mix marinade ingredients together. Add the chicken and toss until evenly coated. Place in fridge for 30 minutes or overnight.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add in olive oil and butter.
- Sauté the onion until translucent, then add the garlic and cook until onions are slightly browned. Add in the tomatoes and cook for another 8 minutes.
- Add the chicken with marinade and 5 tablespoons Butter Chicken Seasoning. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring regularly, enough so that the chicken does not stick, and the spices don’t burn. Add 1/3 cup water, bring to a boil and let simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add the cooking cream and tomato paste, mix well and let simmer for another 10-15 minutes.
- Add the maple syrup and adjust the salt to your taste.
- Serve with basmati rice and naan bread.
A charming voyage to India!