Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 6 tbsp A Spice Affair’s Butter Chicken Seasoning
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 3/4 cup of cooking cream
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- A few cilantro leaves, optional
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1/3 cup of butter.
- Sauté the onion for 2 minutes. Add the chicken and 4 tablespoons of Butter Chicken seasoning. Sauté for about 10 minutes, stirring regularly, enough so that the chicken does not stick, and the spices don’t burn. Tip: If you feel that it sticks, add a little water.
- After about 10 minutes (the chicken should be cooked, but not dry, it will depend on the size of your pieces), add the tomato paste, the rest of the butter, the rest of the spices and the cream, mix well. Once the cream is set, simmer for 1-2 minutes (boost the heat a little if necessary), just long enough to reheat it but without cooking it.
- Add the maple syrup and adjust the seasoning (salt) to your taste.
- Serve with basmati rice flavored with cumin or fennel seeds and naan bread.
A charming voyage to India!