Recipe by Chef Deema Hajjawi
Prep Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 35 min
Servings: 8 to 10
4 Tbsp Vegetable Oil (Each 2 Separated)
10 Chicken Breasts Cut into Medium Sized Cubes
1 Onion, Finely Chopped
4 Cloves of Garlic, Finely Chopped
2 Tbsp Grated Ginger
50g Butter (each 25g separated)
1/2 Lemon, squeezed
3 Tbsp Butter Chicken Spice Blend
1 Tsp Sugar
1 Chicken Stock Cube
1 Cup Yoghurt
1 Cup Fresh Cream
4 Tomatoes, peeled and chopped
1/4 Cup Tomato Paste
1 Cup Warm Water
1/4 Cup Green Onions, chopped
1/4 Cup Coriander Leaves, chopped
1/2 Cup Ground Cashews
1 Tsp Himalayan Pink Salt (or to taste)
1 Tsp Ground Black Pepper (or to taste)
- In a pot on medium heat, add 2 tbsp vegetable oil and cook the onions until tender, add the minced garlic, grated ginger and stir. Add 25 grams of butter, 2 tbsp Indian Butter Chicken Spice Blend, Himalayan Pink Salt, Ground Black Pepper and stir well. Add chicken stock cube and stir.
- Add the mashed tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, warm water, yoghurt and let simmer for 10 min on low heat.
- Season the chicken with Himalayan pink salt, ground black pepper, and the remaining tbsp Indian butter chicken spice blend.
- In a separate pot, Cook chicken in batches in the remaining 2 tbsp vegetable oil until tender and golden. (about 10 min)
- Add chicken to the tomato/yoghurt sauce and let boil for 5 min. Add fresh cream and let boil for another 2 to 3 min. Add the remaining butter, lemon juice and cashews and stir well.
- Transfer to serving bowl and garnish with fresh coriander leaves, chopped green onions and more cashews. Serve with basmati rice.
Share your culinary creations on social media and tag us!
IG: @ASpiceAffair | FB: @ASpiceAffair | #MySpiceAffair