Recipe by Chef Deema Hajjawi
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 30 min
For the Chicken
6 Chicken Breasts Cut into Bites
1 Cup Flour
1 Tsp Black Pepper
1 Tsp Everything Italian Spice Blend
1 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 Tsp Garlic Flakes
1 Cup Blue Cheese Dressing (Recipe Follows)
¾ Cup Buffalo Chicken Sauce (Recipe Follows)
Oil for Deep Frying
Celery and Carrot Sticks for Garnish
For the Blue Cheese Dressing
2 Tbsp Yogurt
¼ Cup Mayonnaise
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
200g Blue Cheese
1/2 Tsp Himalayan Pink Salt (or to taste)
1/2 Tsp Ground Black Pepper (or to taste)
For the Buffalo Chicken Sauce
½ Cup Hot Sauce (Tobasco)
2 Tbsp Ketchup
1 Tbsp Dark Brown Sugar
- Prepare your dressing by processing all Blue Cheese Dressing ingredients in food processor and refrigerate until serving time.
- Prepare the Buffalo chicken sauce by melting the butter in a saucepan over low heat, whisk in the hot sauce, sugar and ketchup and combine well. Set aside.
- Mix the flour with everything Italian spice blend, cayenne pepper, garlic flakes and ground black pepper in a bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Heat oil for frying in a skillet.
- Dip chicken in flour mixture coating well, tap excess flour and deep fry in hot oil. (About 3 min on each side)
- Repeat with remaining bites. Drain chicken on kitchen paper.
- Transfer chicken bites to a large bowl, pour buffalo chicken sauce over and toss until well coated.
- Serve chicken with cut up celery, carrot sticks and blue cheese dip.
Share your culinary creations on social media and tag us!
IG: @ASpiceAffair | FB: @ASpiceAffair | #MySpiceAffair