Recipe by Chef Deema Hajjawi
Preparation Time: 30 min
Cooking Time: 10 min
Servings: 8 to 10
2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
2 Carrots, grated
2 Spring Onions, chopped finely
1 Small Onion, chopped finely
½ Cup Water Chestnuts, chopped
¼ Cup Oyster Sauce
¼ Cup Soya Sauce
1 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
1 Tbsp Mama’s Spices
2 Chicken Breasts, cut into cubes
100g Rice Noodles
1 Pack of Spring Roll Wrappers, thawed
2 Tbsp Flour, dissolved in ¼ Cup Cold Water (for sealing the wrappers)
Oil for Deep Frying
- Place noodles in medium bowl, cover with boiling water for 5 min.
- Strain and cut into small pieces using kitchen scissors. Set aside.
- In vegetable oil, cook the onion until tender, add the chicken and stir, add the carrots, green onions, water chestnuts, Mama’s Spices, Ground Black Pepper and stir for 2-3 min.
- Add the noodles, soya sauce and oyster sauce and stir for another 2-3 min, remove from heat and let cool.
- Fill each wrapper with a spoon full of the mixture. Fold sides of wrappers and roll the wrapper till the end then seal with flour-water mixture using a kitchen brush. Cover ready spring rolls with parchment paper until you are done with the remaining quantity.
- Heat oil, and fry spring rolls for 3-5 min each batch. Place on kitchen paper to dry.
- Serve hot with hot chili sauce on the side.