Inspired by a recipe by Lauren Miyashiro from the blog Delish
Time: 50 min
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 2 lb.) (or butternut squash)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced into half moons
- 2 tbsp. Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. Garam Masala A Spice Affair
- 1/2 tsp. Curry Madras A Spice Affair
- 1/2 c. dried cranberries
- 1/2 c. goat cheese or crumbled feta (optional)
- 1/4 c. freshly chopped parsley
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. honey
- Black Pepper Whole, freshly ground
- Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin Ground A Spice Affair or Curry Madras
- 1/4 tsp. Paprika Sweet A Spice Affair
- 1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 °F/200 °C. On a large baking sheet, spread the sweet potato cubes and sliced red onion evenly in a single layer. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the spices.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until tender. Cool for 10 minutes, then transfer to a large bowl.
- Prepare the dressing. In a small bowl, vigorously mix the cider vinegar, mustard, honey, spices, salt and pepper. Pour in the oil a little at a time, whisking constantly until emulsified.
- Toss sweet potatoes with dressing, cranberries, feta (optional) and parsley. Serve hot.