Prep Time: 15 mins, Cook Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
4 tsp coconut or olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed
1-1.5 tbsp A Spice Affair's Curry Madras Seasoning, to taste
1 can chickpeas, drained & rinsed (398ml)
1 can diced tomatoes (398ml)
1 can light coconut milk (400ml)
1 cup baby spinach
Salt and Pepper, to taste
basmati rice or naan bread
fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook the onion and garlic until soft and lightly brown, about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add the sweet potato, chickpeas, diced tomato and coconut milk to the softened onion and garlic, then cook for 15 min bringing the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot and let simmer for another 10 to 15 minutes or until the sweet potato is soft and the sauce thickened.
- Stir in the spinach and cook until soft.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, then serve with lime wedges and basmati rice or naan bread.