Time: 35 min (+30 min soaking)
Photo and Recipe credit: @Madamegermaine via Instagram
- 4 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1/2 cup of water
- 4 tbsp. hulled hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 2 tbsp Everything Bagel Seasoning (Or Onion Slices and Bruschetta from A Spice Affair)
1. In a measuring cup or small bowl, soak the chia seeds in water for 30 minutes.
2. In a separate medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Add the swollen chia seeds.
3. Mix well and then make a ball of dough, It's a bit sticky, I agree. But to hear it, just put the ball between two pieces of parchment paper and roll it out. Aim for a thickness of about 3-4 mm.
4. Remove the parchment paper from the top, then with a pizza cutter or knife, make shapes for the crackers (squares or whatever, just let yourself go!!).
5. Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 20-25 minutes. If after this time the dough is not completely dehydrated, using another baking sheet, turn the dough and remove the parchment paper. This will allow the other side to dehydrate. Return to the oven for about 5-10 minutes, watching regularly.
Note that the cooking time will vary greatly depending on the thickness of your dough.
Store in an airtight container!
Delicious with guacamole, vegemite or cretons, goat cheese, hummus, tartar ...