An adaptation of Chef Julie Yoon’s Recipe
Servings: 4 Rolls
Time: 20 minutes
For the Spicy Peanut Sauce
- ¼ cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 4 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp A Spice Affair Sriracha Seasoning
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp raw brown sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons finely chopped roasted peanuts
For the Sriracha Creamy Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp A Spice Affair Sriracha Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 tablespoons water
For the Rolls
- 4 spring roll rice paper wrappers, at least 8-inches
- 6 large shrimp (or 16 small shrimp)
- Spinach or mixed lettuce
- 1 cucumber halved lengthwise, and thinly sliced
- 8 stalks of shallot
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- A Spice Affair Fish & Tartare Seasoning
- 1 avocado, sliced
- For the sauces, mix the ingredients for each sauce in separate bowls. Set aside.
- Heat water in a pot over high heat. Once the water starts boiling, add the shrimps and cook for 2 minutes, or until pink. Remove shrimp shell. If using large shrimps, cut in half, so you have 12 halves.
- Fill a wide container with warm water. Soak one rice paper at a time until bendable (around 30 seconds). Transfer to a big plate and lay flat.
- Leaving little space at both ends for tucking, add lettuce in the center, followed by cucumber, 2 stalks of shallot, fresh cilantro and a sprinkle of Fish & Tartare Seasoning. Add slices of avocado and 3 pieces of shrimp (or 4 if using small ones).
- Fold the side closest to you over the fillings, hold tightly, tuck in the sides, and roll over to seam the end. Transfer roll to plate and repeat steps to create 4 rolls.
Serve with spicy peanut & sriracha creamy dipping sauces.
PRO TIP: You may skip the rice paper and make a Spiced Shrimp & Avocado Summer Bowl instead with your choice of sauce!