An adaptation of Chef Julie Yoon’s Recipe
Servings: 4 Rolls
Time: 20 minutes
For the Spicy Peanut Sauce3/4 cup creamy natural peanut butter
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/3 cup Tamari
3 tbsp honey
1 tsp Ginger Ground
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 tbsp water
1/2 tsp A Spice Affair Sriracha Seasoning or Red Chili Flakes
1-2 tbsp finely chopped roasted peanuts (optional)
1/2 cup mayo
For the Sriracha Creamy Sauce
1 tbsp ketchup
1 tsp A Spice Affair Sriracha Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-2 tablespoons water
4 spring roll rice paper wrappers, at least 8-inches
For the Rolls
12 large shrimps
1 tsp A Spice Affair's Lemon Pepper
Spinach or mixed lettuce
1 cucumber halved lengthwise, and thinly sliced
1 avocado, sliced
8 stalks of shallot
Fresh cilantro leaves
- For the sauces, mix the ingredients for each sauce in separate bowls. Set aside.
- Heat water in a pot over high heat. Once the water starts boiling, add the shrimps and cook for 2 minutes, or until pink. Once cooked, cool off with cold water, remove shrimp shell and sprinkle shrimp with Lemon Pepper.
- Fill a wide container with warm water. Soak one rice paper at a time until bendable (around 30 seconds). Transfer to a big plate and lay flat.
- Leaving little space at both ends for tucking, add lettuce in the center, followed by cucumber, 2 stalks of shallot, fresh cilantro. Add slices of avocado and 3 pieces of shrimp (or carrots for vegan rolls).
- Fold the side closest to you over the fillings, hold tightly, tuck in the sides, and roll over to seam the end. Transfer roll to plate and repeat steps to create 4 rolls.
Serve with spicy peanut & sriracha creamy dipping sauces.
PRO TIP: You may skip the rice paper and make a Spiced Shrimp & Avocado Summer Bowl instead with your choice of sauce!