Time: 30 min
For the Kofte Kebab700g ground beef
300g ground lamb
2 tbsp tomato paste
3 tbsp A Spice Affair’s Turkish Kebab Seasoning
4 tbsp parsley, finely chopped (optional)
For Grilling (optional)2 tomatoes, quartered
2 yellow onions, quartered
For the Parsley Onion Salad1 medium-sized red onion, thinly sliced
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp A Spice Affair’s Sumac or Aleppo Pepper
½ lemon juiced
1/2 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
1 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
For Serving1 cup full fat plain yogurt
Lavash or pita bread
For the kebabs
- Preheat your grill to 400°F/200 °C for about 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine A Spice Affair’s Turkish Kebab Seasoning with the ground meat, tomato paste, and chopped parsley.
- Mold the meat on wooden skewers aiming for 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick kebabs. If needed, wet your hands with a little water to avoid stickiness. Lay the Kebab skewers on a non-stick tray and repeat the steps until you run out of meat.
- Skewer the tomatoes and onions for grilling if using.
- Place the kebabs, tomatoes and onions inside the grill and let cook for 4 minutes on each side.
For the Parsley Onion Salad
- In a medium bowl, mix the salad ingredients together
- Serve kebabs and grilled vegetables hot on lavash or pita bread, drizzle with yogurt and top with sumac onion salad.