Inspired by a recipe by takestu2tango from All Recipes
Time: 15 min prep + 1h30 cooking
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 ½ - 2 tbsp Turkey Rub Seasoning A Spice Affair
- 1 (3 pounds/ 1.3 kg) turkey breast with skin
- 1 tsp minced shallot
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 splash dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
For the Roast Turkey
- Preheat oven to 350 F/ 175 C. In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup butter and Turkey Rub Seasoning. In a roasting pan, place turkey breast skin side up. Brush the top of the turkey and the underside of the skin with half of the spiced butter. Set the remaining butter aside. Loosely cover turkey breast with foil. Roast in oven for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and baste turkey breast with remaining butter mixture. Return to the oven and roast for about 30 minutes more, until the juices run clear. Using an instant-read meat thermometer, insert it into the thickest part of the breast, without touching the bone, and it should read 165 F/65 C.
- Let the turkey breast rest for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
For the Gravy
- Meanwhile, transfer the juices to a skillet. Skim off the excess fat, leaving about 1 tablespoon in the pan. Place the pan over low heat, cook and stir the shallot for 5 minutes in the turkey fat until it is opaque. In the same pan, melt 1 tablespoon of butter and whisk in the white wine, scraping up any browned bits in the pan.
- Whisk in the chicken stock and flour until well combined. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly, until thickened. Whisk in half the milk for a creamier sauce.