Time: 35 min
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips (about 170g per piece)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3-4 tsp A Spice Affair Fajita Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons tomato purée
- 80ml double cream
- 350g penne or rigatoni pasta
- 1⁄2 small bunch flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- grated Parmesan or cheddar cheese, to serve
1- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the chicken and fry for 5 minutes over medium heat until golden on all sides. Remove and set aside on a plate.
2- Put the onion and peppers in the same pan and fry them over medium heat for 8 minutes. Add the garlic, dried herbs and Fajita Seasoning and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomato purée and cook for 2 minutes. Return the chicken to the pan and pour in the cream, stirring to combine. Season to taste.
3- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet, then drain it and reserve 150 ml of the cooking water. Add the pasta to the pan with 50 ml of water and stir over the heat. Add a little more water to loosen the pasta if necessary. Season to taste and add the parsley. Divide between six bowls and garnish with a little cheese and extra chopped parsley if you like.