Prep time: 15 minutes, Cook time: 18 minutes, Total Time: 33 minutes
Servings: 8 scones
6 tbsp unsalted butter
¾ cup (170 grams) plus 2 tbsp heavy cream (divided)
1 large egg
2 cups (240 grams) all-purpose flour
2 tbsp A Spice Affair's Everything Bacon Vegan Seasoning
1 tbsp baking powder
2 tsp granulated sugar
½ tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
½ cup (110 grams) Cheddar Cheese, shredded
½ cup Chives, chopped (or A Spice Affair’s Parsallot)
- Preheat oven to 375F and line baking tray.
- In medium bowl, whisk 3/4 cup heavy cream and egg. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Add in bacon seasoning and mix until well combined. Cube cold butter and add to dry ingredients. Use a fork (or pastry cutter) to cut the butter into dry ingredients. Add cheese and chives then toss to combine.
- Pour cream mixture into dry ingredients. Stir the ingredients until everything is well mixed.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly-floured surface. Form the dough into a round disc, about 1/2 - 1 inch thick. Use a pastry brush to apply the remaining 2 tablespoons of heavy cream to the top of the dough.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes. The edges and tops should be lightly browned when finished.
Note: You may replace Everything Bacon with any of A Spice Affair's vegan bacon seasonings.