Prep Time: 10 min + Marinade Time
Cook Time: 15 min
Serving: 10 skewers
For the Beef Souvlaki
1 kg sirloin beef, cubed (may replace with lamb leg or shoulder)
2 tsp mustard
2 tsp honey
1 lemon, juiced & zested
3 tsp A Spice Affair’s Souvlaki Seasoning or Greek Herbs
½ tsp A Spice Affair’s Smoked or Sweet Paprika
1/3 cup olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
Freshly ground Pink Himalayan Salt and Five Peppers, to taste
For the Skewers
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
A drizzle of olive oil
A pinch of Salt and Pepper
10 bamboo skewers
- Combine beef souvlaki marinade ingredients, coat beef chunks on all sides and let marinate for 3 hours in the fridge or overnight.
- In a bowl, drizzle bell peppers and onion slices with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Using 1 skewer at a time (soak in water for 30+ minutes if using bamboo), skewer beef cubes and add bell pepper and onion slices in between (about 4-5 pieces of beef per skewer).
- Brush remaining marinade on all sides of skewers and grill over high heat for 8-10 minutes turning the skewers every 2 minutes to the opposite side.
- Let rest for a couple of minutes and serve with pita bread, tzatziki sauce and Mediterranean Salad or fries.
Share your culinary creations on social media and tag us!
IG: @ASpiceAffair | FB: @ASpiceAffairOfficial | #MySpiceAffair