Prep time: 15 minutes, Cook time: 15 minutes, Total time: 30 minutes
For the Smoky Chipotle Sauce
½ cup light mayonnaise
½ tbsp fresh lime juice
½ tbsp whole milk
1 tsp Smoky Chipotle Seasoning
For the Burrito
450g (1 lb) lean ground beef
½ cup onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 tbsp tomato paste
1 tbsp Taco Seasoning
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
¼ cup water
½ tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
1 cup refried beans
2 cups shredded cheese
1 cup guacamole or smashed avocado
2 cups prepared Mexican rice
- Combine all ingredients for Smoky Chipotle sauce and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add beef, onion and garlic until beef is cooked and no longer pink. Drain liquid.
- Add tomato paste, Taco Seasoning, Pink Himalayan Salt, water and lime juice until mixture comes to a slight boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool to warm room temperature.
- Lay tortillas on flat surface, spread chipotle sauce and beans on tortilla then layer cheese, beef, guacamole and rice onto tortillas. Fold the bottom of tortilla once. Fold two ends over the filling and continue to roll. Place in pan (flipping once) or panini press to crisp the outsides.
Share your culinary creations on social media and tag us!
IG: @ASpiceAffair | FB: @ASpiceAffairOfficial | #MySpiceAffair