An adaptation of Laura’s Recipe from A Beautiful Plate
Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Sumac by A Spice Affair
- 2 large eggs, softly boiled
- Rose radish microgreens or parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp pickled red onion
- ½ cup hummus
- 2 toasts or small warmed pita bread
- In a small bowl, stir the sumac into the oil and set aside.
- Boil water in a saucepan. Once the water boils, reduce heat, and gently drop the egg in and let simmer for 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare a bowl with ice-cold water. Once the egg is done cooking, transfer to ice-cold water and let the egg cool down. Peel the egg and set aside.
- In a serving plate, spread some hummus over toasted bread and top with microgreens or chopped parsley, pickled onions and the soft-boiled egg. Split the egg open and drizzle with sumac oil. Add more sumac for garnish and serve hot!