Time: 50 min +1 hour for marinade
INGREDIENTSFor the Meatballs
500 g ground beef
3 tbsp A Spice Affair Tuscan Seasoning
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/4 cup breadcrumbs, soaked in milk overnight
1/2 cup grated fresh Parmesan
Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Sauce
4 zucchini, cut in rounds
1 eggplant, diced
1 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
796 ml Italian tomatoes, crushed
2 tbsp A Spice Affair’s Nonna’s Secret or Spaghetti Seasoning
1 tbsp A Spice Affair Tuscan Seasoning
Pink Himalayan Salt, to taste
1 cup fresh basil
Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
For the Meatballs
- Combine meatball ingredients, cover and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Form meat balls and bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. They will continue cooking in the sauce.
For the Sauce
- Add zucchini and eggplant in a large pot of water and bring to a boil. Let simmer until tender. Drain water, you may keep a little for the sauce.
- In a large pan, sauté the onion and garlic with olive oil for 2 to 3 minutes over medium heat. Stir in the crushed tomatoes followed by the rest of the sauce ingredients and cook for 10 minutes. Add the meatballs and let simmer for an additional 20 minutes.
- Arrange the plates and garnish with fresh basil leafs and freshly grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
Crazy delicious, coming straight out of Nonna’s kitchen!