Time: 35 min
For the Rice
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 2/3 cup water
For the Mango Salsa
- 1 mango, diced
- 2 tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped (or Dried Cilantro)
- ¼ lime wedge, juiced (+ more wedges for serving)
- 1 tbsp diced jalapeño or 1 tsp A Spice Affair's Green Jalapeño Powder
- Pink Himalayan Salt, to taste
For the Jerk Chicken
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 6 chicken drumsticks
- 2 tbsp A Spice Affair’s Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a medium pot, add rice ingredients and bring to a boil. Cover and let cook for 15 minutes.
- Combine mango salsa ingredients in a bowl.
- Coat chicken with A Spice Affair’s Jamaican Jerk Seasoning on both sides.
- In a pan, heat oil over medium heat. Once hot, add chicken and cook for 5-6 min on each side or until tender.
- Slice the Jerk Chicken and serve with coconut rice, mango salsa and lime wedge. Delicious mon!
PS. May serve with sides of Jamaican Corn with Coconut Flakes and Jamaican Spicy Shrimp!