- 4 large tomatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 8 tbsp Parsallot A Spice Affair
- Himalayan Pink Salt
- Black Pepper Whole A Spice Affair, freshly ground
- 1 tsp. cane sugar
- Slices of bread, toasted and cut into strips
- Half-salted butter
- Preheat oven to 125°C (250°F).
- Wash, cut tomatoes in half horizontally and remove seeds.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a pan and place the tomatoes flesh side down.
- Cook for about 10 minutes over high heat until the flesh browns slightly.
- Reduce the heat to medium, turn them over, and cook for additional 10 minutes.
- Season the tomatoes with salt, pepper and a little sugar.
- Remove them from the pan and place them on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix 8 tbsp Parsallot with 4 tbsp olive oil.
- Top each tomato with 1 tbsp Parsallot, breadcrumbs and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for about 1 hour.
- Serve hot and with slices of toasted and buttered bread.