Prep Time: 5 minutes + Marinade Time
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes + Marinade Time
- 4 large chicken pieces, skin and bone in (1.6 kg)
For the Marinade
- 4 tbsp olive oil + 1 to sear chicken
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed or grated
- Juice of 2 limes (or 1 lemon)
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Piri Piri Seasoning
For the Sides (optional)
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Fries or potato wedges
- Corn on the cob
- Grilled vegetables
- In a bowl, mix the marinade ingredients together until well combined.
- Place chicken in marinade bowl and evenly coat on each side. Cover and let marinate for 20 to 60 minutes in the fridge or overnight.
- When ready, take out your chicken and let it sit for about 15 minutes to bring it to room temperature.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Sear chicken on both sides until golden brown (2 minutes per side).
- Preheat oven to 450°F with the rack set in the upper part.
- Transfer the chicken to a baking tray. Roast the chicken on the upper rack of the oven for 30-45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter and garnish with cilantro. Serve with lemon wedges and choice of sides.
Share your culinary creations on social media and tag us!
IG: @ASpiceAffair | FB: @ASpiceAffairOfficial | #MySpiceAffair