An adaptation of Sylvia Fountaine’s recipe
Time: 20 mins
- 1 avocado
- ½ lemon or lime, juice and zest
- 3 tsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper Ground
- 1 tsp Zaatar Extra Jordanian
- ½ cup chopped spinach or baby arugula, chopped
- 2 slices of toast (multigrain, keto or gluten-free)
- Small pinch of Red Hot Chili Crushed
- 4 radishes, very thinly sliced
- 2 poached eggs
Note: You can replace eggs with fried Halloumi or Akkawi cheese. Heat olive oil and Red Hot Chili Crushed in a skillet, once hot, fry cheese until browned.
- Place a pot of water with ½ tsp salt over medium-high and wait until it boils. Meanwhile, prepare the eggs by cracking them into a bowl.
- Mash the avocado in a bowl. Add 1 teaspoon Zaatar Extra Jordanian, 1 teaspoon of zest, 2 teaspoons oil, salt and pepper and stir with a fork until combined. Add lemon juice to taste.
- Drizzle the bread with olive oil and place in toaster.
- Once the water is boiling reduce the heat a little and stir the water in a circular motion. As the water moves in circles, slide the eggs 1 by one in the center and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Spread ½ of the avocado mixture on each toast. Top with sliced radish and spinach or arugula. Drizzle with olive oil, a little lemon, and salt
- Place the poached eggs over dressed greens
- Sprinkle the eggs with Red Hot Chili Crushed and more Zaatar Extra Jordanian
Share your culinary creations on social media and tag us!
IG: @ASpiceAffair | FB: @ASpiceAffairOfficial | #MySpiceAffair