Recipe by Eric Iacampo from E.Chef.MTL
Time: 45 minutes (+ overnight marinade)
- 1 kg Boneless Chicken Thighs, cut into 2” pieces
- 1 Lime, zested & juiced
- 64 g (4 tbsp) A Spice Affair’s Butter Chicken Seasoning
- 4 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 medium/large Onion
- 8 Broccoli Stems, peeled & sliced (or 2 cups of any green vegetable)
- 150 g (3/4 cup) Coconut Butter
- 1 can (156 ml) Tomato Paste
- 2 cups Macadamia Milk, plain unsweetened
- ½ tsp Red Hot Chili Crushed by A Spice Affair (optional)
- 1 cup Cashews, roasted & salted
- Cilantro Sprigs, for garnish
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- In a bowl, combine chicken, lime zest, juice and 2 tbsp of Butter Chicken seasoning. Toss well to evenly coat, cover and refrigerate overnight. (if you’re in a rush, marinate for as long as time allows.)
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When barely smoking, add chicken pieces in 2 batches, making sure not to crowd the pan (1 tbsp oil per batch). Fry until browned for about 3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan, set aside and keep warm. (Chicken may be raw in center, but you will finish cooking the chicken in the sauce.)
- Heat remaining oil in the same pan. Fry the onions and broccoli until they start to sweat (about 6 minutes) while scraping up any browned bits stuck on the bottom of the pan.
- Add remaining seasoning, stir and cook for 1 minute to bloom spices in the oil. Then, add the coconut butter, cook while stirring until a light browning occurs, which will give a nutty flavor, about 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, cook while stirring for 1 minute. Then, add the macadamia milk and hot pepper flakes (optional), and bring to a simmer.
- Reintroduce the chicken and let simmer for 8 – 10 minutes until chicken is cooked through and sauce is sufficiently thickened. Taste for seasoning adjustment.
- Plate over cauliflower rice, basmati rice or any of your favorite grains or carbs. Top with the cashews and cilantro, and dig in!!!
Heaven in every bite!
Do you see the Taj Mahal? You're not crazy, we see it too!