An adaptation of Carlos Leo’s Recipe from Spoonabilities
Time: 20 minutes
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour or rice flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6 tbsp A Spice Affair’s Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 block high quality feta cheese (225 g), may cut in fingers if preferred
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp balsamic glaze (optional)
- 1/4 tsp A Spice Affair’s Cinnamon Powder
- 1 tbsp A Spice Affair’s Greek Herbs, Souvlaki Herbs or Dried Thyme
- Thinly sliced toasted baguette or pita chips
- Prepare 3 bowls: 1 with the flour, second with the beaten egg, and third with A Spice Affair’s Everything Bagel Seasoning.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high.
- Dip feta in flour, then egg, and finally the Everything Bagel Seasoning.
- Gently add coated feta over oil and fry for 1-2 minutes on each side. Gently turn feta to avoid breaking.
- Remove skillet from heat and set aside. Drizzle with honey and balsamic glaze if using, sprinkle with cinnamon, choice of herbs and serve hot with thinly sliced toasted baguette or pita chips.