This week, we have come up with a fantastic, easy-to-make spaghetti recipe that will make your tastebuds dance a little.
- 1 lb whole wheat spaghetti
- 4 cloves medium garlic minced or pressed
- 1 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp A Spice Affair's Red Chili Crushed
- 4 tsp anchovy paste or 8-10 minced anchovy fillets
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes drained with 1/2 cup juice reserved
- 3 Tbsp capers
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives pitted and coarsely chopped
1/4 cup A Spice Affair's parsley Flakes
Cook pasta to al dente according to directions on the package.
While pasta is cooking, mix garlic and water together in a small bowl. Heat the oil, garlic water mixture, pepper flakes and anchovies over medium heat in a large skillet. Stir frequently and cook until garlic is fragrant but not browned, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and simmer until slightly thickened, about 8 minutes.
Drain spaghetti and toss it with 1/4 cup of the reserved tomato juice.
Stir olives, capers and parsley into the sauce. Pour sauce over pasta and toss to combine. Add the remaining tomato juice if necessary to thin the sauce.