An adaptation of Melissa Clark’s Recipe from New York Times
Servings: 4 to 6 servings
Time: 40 minutes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp Harissa Seasoning by A Spice Affair
- ¾ tsp Pink Himalayan Salt, or to taste
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper, or to taste
- 0.8L or 1 can whole plum tomatoes with their juices, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/4 cup feta, crumbled
- 6 large eggs
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Cayenne Pepper, (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Meanwhile, set cook top to medium-low and heat oil in non-stick skillet. Add in the peppers, onions and garlic and cook for about 15 minutes or until tender. Add in the spices and tomato sauce and let simmer for 10 minutes. Taste the sauce and adjust the Harissa Seasoning, salt & pepper as needed. Stir in the feta cheese.
- Crack the eggs, one by one, over the tomato sauce and transfer to oven for baking (around 5 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your preference).
- Garnish with cilantro and Cayenne pepper if you’d like to add more heat.