An adaptation of Holly N.’s Recipe from Spend With Pennies
Time: 30 min
- 3 chicken breasts (approximately 170g per piece)
- 1 medium onion
- 3 bell peppers red, yellow, green or orange
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lime
- 3 tsp Fajita Seasoning by A Spice Affair
- Himalayan Pink Salt and Black Pepper Ground, to taste
Choice of toppings for serving
- Avocado, sliced (or homemade A Spice Affair Guacamole)
- Sour cream
- Lettuce cut into strips
- Tomato slices or salsa
- Grated cheese
- Fresh corn or black beans (optional)
- Cut the onion into strips and the peppers into slices. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix 1 tablespoon olive oil, juice of ½ lime, Fajita Seasoning, Black Pepper and Himalayan Pink Salt. Cut the chicken into strips and mix with the spice mixture.
- Preheat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until just done, about 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Set the chicken aside and add 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan. Drain the onions well and cook for 2 minutes. Add the sliced peppers and cook for another 2 minutes or until hot. Return the chicken to the pan and stir to combine.
Squeeze the extra lime over the top and serve on tortillas with the toppings of your choice.