For A Spice Affair’s Piri Piri sauce & marinade
- 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp malt vinegar, or any ordinary brown vinegar, but not balsamic
- 2 ½ tbsp A Spice Affair’s Piri Piri Seasoning
For the pink sauce
- 3 tbsp A Spice Affair’s Piri Piri sauce
- ½ cup whole egg mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream (or yogurt)
For the burgers
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 chicken thighs, skinless and boneless (approximately 80g per piece)
- 4 soft buns
- 4-6 pieces Emmental Cheese (optional)
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Lettuce of your choice
- Prepare the Piri Piri sauce by adding all ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Pour 1/2 cup into a zip lock bag with the chicken. Marinate for at least 3 hours, or up to 24 hours.
- Prepare the pink sauce. Mix 3 tbsp of Piri Piri sauce with pink sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- Prepare the potato wedges. Preheat oven to 390F/ 200ºC fan oven (add 20C/30F convection oven). Toss the potatoes with the Onion Powder, Paprika and Himalayan Pink Salt. Drizzle with olive oil and mix. Spread them out on a baking tray and bake for 40-50 minutes, turning once, until golden and crispy.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook on each side for 4-5 minutes, or until dark golden. Remove from the frying pan and place on a plate, cover loosely with foil and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Prepare the burgers. Cut a bun in half and top with lettuce, tomato, chicken and pink sauce. Drizzle with the remaining Piri Piri sauce if you wish. Serve with potato wedges, not forgetting the pink sauce for dipping. ;)